*You'd think by now, in 2016, I would have learnt to spell quinoa? Nope, have to google search it every single time.*
Anyway, now to the point! Our healthy lunch series continues (check out last weeks here) with the simplest and tastiest salad recipe you could hope for. With spinach (for iron), tomatoes (with vitamin c to help with iron absorption) and quinoa (certified superfood), this is a salad that ticks all the boxes, especially for women (and men) with low iron levels.
We call this the "Easy Three Salad"
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa (check the label for directions)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes, whatever goes) halved
- 2 cups spinach leaves (or rocket leaves, or COMBO?)
- dressing (make your own pesto (check our fave recipe here), avocado sauce, or any sort of creamy-with-a-little-zest dressing, goes perfectly)
- Optional: fresh mozzarella cheese, any kind of crushed/roasted nuts, roast veggies (pumpkin/zucch are good options) or protein like tuna or chicken
- Put it all together in a bowl and mix it up
- That's seriously it
Recipe and photos adapted from PinchofYum.com