And to bring you back to childhood, we want to put our hands together for the super tasty but not the most nutritious Potato Gem. These little balls of potato and salt are pretty bloody good, we have been known to stock a bag in the freezer for backup lunch if we've forgotten to cook anything...
But this idea is less processed, easy to make and just as delicious! They are the Four Ingredient Potato Zucchini Bites, and guess what, they are vegan too!
- zucchini - about 2-3 cups grated or shredded and patted dry with paper towel
- 3 large potatoes (preferably Russet) peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (and maybe a little more for sprinkling on top)
- olive oil
- Pop your potate in a large pot and cover with cold water, bring to boil and cook for 20-30 mins, you want them tender but with some give in the middle - test with a fork
- Drain them and let them cool until they are easy to handle but still warm
- Preheat your oven now to 220 degrees (or 200 fan forced)
- Grate up your potato with the largest side of your grater
- Mix them with your grated and dried zucchini in a big bowl - use your hands to mix them properly (add salt here too!)
- Line a baking tray with paper
- Roll out small cylinders of the mixture (about 1 tablespoon each) and line them up so they aren't touching.
- Chuck them in the freezer for about 10 mins so they firm up
- Take them out and use a brush to swipe over them with a little bit of olive oil and salt
- Bake for about 30 mins or until crispy (flip them over about halfway through)
- Serve with tomato sauce, sweet chilli or whatever you like!
P.S. Recipe and Image adapted from She Likes Food.