Lychee is my absolute, 100%, favourite cocktail flavour. If there's a lychee option, you bet I'll be getting it. So on that note, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favourite cocktail recipes... The Lychee Strawberry Mojito!
- 1 cup strawbs (cut off their leaves and slice 'em up)
- 1/2 cup vodka (don't worry, this recipe makes 4 drinks ;) )
- 1/2 cup basil
- 2 cups lychee juice (keep the lychees for garnish)
- lime/lemon juice (from about 2 limes, or 3 lemons)
- soda water
- little bit of salt
- Fill four glasses with ice and pop 'em to the side.
- Muddle the basil, half the strawberries and a pinch of salt to release the flavours (muddle basically means mush up a bit)
- Add the lime/lemon juice, vodka and lychee juice and mix it up
- Divide this into the four glasses and top up with soda water
- Add more basil, strawbs and lychees to garnish
P.S. What's your go to cocktail flavour?
P.P.S. Recipe and photos adapted from Chef De Home.