It's Friday arvo, and I don't know about you, but I've had a hectic week! So when our pals from Bar Staff Co. sent us this recipe, I knew it was the one.
- 2 ounces of gin, Bar Staff Co. recommends Beefeater or Melbourne Gin Company
- 0.5 ounces of chopped up kiwi
- 0.5 ounces of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3ish shavings of cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of high quality honey
- a dash of soda water
- handful of ice
- Put the kiwi and gin in a cocktail shaker and muddle lightly
- Next put the cucumber, honey, lime and ice in the shaker, shake 'em up for about 10 seconds
- Pour into a glass and top up with soda
- Garnish with fresh mint to send the aromatics off the charts
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker handy, use a tall glass and give it a good ole stir
- Like most things, the taste of cocktails is very subjective!
- In this case, the quality of honey and amount lime used can change the taste, experiment with these to find what suits your buds best
- And the quality of the gin can also change things, Melbourne Gin Co. and Beefeater work well in most gin cocktails.
Shout out to Brisbane Bar Staff Co. They cooked this one up just for us - and yes, they do parties!