If you're like us, sometimes you buy a little bit too much fruit and a little bit too much bread at the markets on the weekends. So here's a recipe that uses both these perishables, even if they are a little on the older side!
Roasted Stone Fruit with Ricotta on Toast
- Whatever fruit you like, really, anything works
- Crusty bread, toasted lightly
- 1 cup of whole ricotta
- olive oil
- pinch of brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- fresh thyme (hopefully from your own herb patch)
- Preheat oven to about 220 degrees celcius, toss your sliced fruits in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of brown sugar and salt
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until they're looking juicy and golden
- In the meantime spread your ricotta on the toast
- Then pile the fruits as high as you want on your toast, and drizzle over with honey
- Eat and be merry
PS. Recipe and photos adapted from Tea Cup Tea.