There's nothing like getting home on a Friday, taking off your shoes (and bra) and indulging in a delicious cocktail! Well, we have got you covered (your shoe and bra handling is up to you, though)!
Say hello to another delicious drink, mixed up especially for us by our pals Emma and Hesam at Bar Staff Co.
- 2 ounces of Gin. We used Melbourne Gin Company.
- A good pinch of saffron (about 30 strands)
- 0.5 ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wheel
- 1 ounce of simple syrup *
- 4 ounces of tonic water
- 2 ounces of hot water
- Handful of ice
- Cut 20 strands of saffron or grind and place in a cup. Pour hot water in the cup and give a good 30 seconds stir and set aside.
- Pour your gin, lime juice and simple syrup in a mixing glass (not the glass you'll serve in). Stir for 5 seconds then pour the contents from the cup you made earlier in the mixing glass and stir for another 10 seconds.
- Now fill an old fashioned glass with the ice and pour in tonic water, followed by the mix and stir for 10 seconds.
- Place the lime wheel on top of your drink and sprinkle the rest of your saffron on top of the lime wheel for garnish.
*To make simple syrup mix equal parts of water and sugar (we prefer raw sugar) and heat in a pot until sugar dissolves. Make sure you stir while heating so that the sugar doesn't burn.
PS. Check out Bar Staff Co., the killer mixologists who invented this beauty, on FB and Insta and see the cocktail they made for us last week.