Has anyone else noticed how good the avocados have been recently? We've been putting them on everything! Toast with eggs, crackers with cheese, on a pizza (it was delicious, trust us) - and the classic salad.
Here's a recipe that can never go wrong!
- large tomato (whatever is in season, sliced)
- avocado (peeled and sliced)
- cherry tomatos (halfed)
- red onion (shaved or sliced thinly)
- fresh basil or dill (or tarragon if you're feeling fancy)
- some high quality olive oil
- champagne vinegar
- Pop all your salad ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of champagne vinegar and drizzle over
- Throw some basil or dill or whatever you have over the top, with some salt and pepper
Recipe and photo adapted from Foodie Crush.