Ain't nothing like a good ole crafternoon... Especially when it doesn't involves tens of materials, and hours of time!
We stumbled across this cool idea on I Spy DIY and thought we'd share it, since this week is all about creativity.
What you need:
- Different coloured yarn
- A stick
- *Optional: two copper tubes*
What you do:
- Cut off your yarn into evenly lengths, about 1.5 meters
- Get your stick, and fold a piece of yarn in half and place under the stick
- Then pull the two ends through the loop and pull tight
- Repeat with all different colours until the stick is mostly covered
- Tie your rope around each end of the stick, with enough length to hang easily
- Once you've hung it up, brush all the yarn so it hangs straight
- Go at it with the scissors to even up the lengths, or create a nice angle to the bottom of it
- *Optional: pop your copper tubes on the end to seal your ends*
- Admire your handiwork
For full details go to I Spy DIY.
PS. If you want another creative activity, check out our Be the Designer Competition!