We're not going to pretend that we don't have a few empty wine bottles hanging around. Well, gather up your recyclables because we are going to make them the centrepiece for your next dinner!
What you need:
- A few empty wine bottles
- Matte white spray paint
- Glitter spray paint (or metallic paint and a brush)
- An open space
- Flowers of your choice
What you do:
1. Wash all your bottles in warm soapy water and remove their labels (you may need to use Orange Oil or Eucalyptus Oil) then leave them out to dry overnight
2. Set them all down on the newspaper in a well ventilated outdoor area.
3. Spray 'em all over (as per the instructions on the paint), make sure they are well covered - you might need to do a few coats and let them dry in between coats.
4. Once they're all over white, let them dry completely.
5. Now go at them with the glitter paint. If you've gone for the spray paint, start at the bottom of the bottom and move up - you can get a nice ombre look by doing this. If you're doing the the paint and brush method, then get creative. Go for waves, chevron arrows or whatever your heart desires.
6. Let them dry again, then carefully fill with water, add your flower stems and celebrate!
Photo from: Decorate With Flowers.