Even though I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks I have found it really hard to narrow it down to just five! For this reason, below I have outlined my 'Top 5 Favourites' for the kitchen and have also added a few 'Must Haves' as well.
Top 5 Favourites:
1. Americolor Soft Gel Paste Food Coloring - They come in a huge variety of colours including cute pastels and electric colours.
2. Fondtastic Premium Fondant - This fondant has a nice taste and you can roll it really thin without it cracking or tearing. I buy the White Vanilla flavour which is perfect for colouring but it does come in a variety of other colours.
3. Mix Master - I have always either Sunbeam or Breville mix masters and find that they do the job perfectly and last for what seems forever!
4. Soffritto Professional Bake Spatulas - a good quality plastic spatula is always required, you can get the Soffritto brand ones from kitchen stores such as HOUSE.
5. Cookie Cutters - you can never have enough cookie cutters! I buy mine online from a few different websites but my favourites are Sweet Savanna Cookie Cutters on Etsy (all of her cookie cutters are made from recyclable materials and biodegradable) or The Cookie Cutter Shop website.
Other Kitchen Must Haves include:
- metals bowls for ganache, swiss meringue buttercream, melting chocolate etc.
- rolling pin
- cooling racks
- paint brushes for fondant cookies
- disposable piping bags