We've been loving buddha bowls lately, they're so easy and delicious! The basic rule of a buddha bowl is that it has: a grain, a protein, some veggies (gotta have some greens!) and a sauce. They also often have nuts and seeds as a topping. They're hearty, filling, healthy and don't take forever to prepare. So basically, they're a dream come true!
This yummy bowl of goodness is a greek quinoa buddha bowl by Emilie Eats. This recipe will serve 4 people.
To make this bowl you'll need:
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups spinach
- 1½ cups chickpeas, or 1 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup hummus
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot over high heat, add quinoa and water; bring to a boil. Cover; simmer for 13-15 minutes, until fluffy.
- In a bowl or plate, add 1 cup spinach. Add ¼ of the quinoa, ¼ of the chickpeas, ¼ tomato, ¼ cup cucumber, 2 tablespoons parsley and ¼ avocado. Top with 2 tablespoons hummus, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds and the juice of one lemon wedge. Season with salt and pepper.
...and viola! You have your very own scrumptious buddha bowl.
Which buddha bowl would you try first?