Zoodles are kinda the big thing right now. And even though we LOVE them, sometimes the carb conscious way into quite as filling as the full on pasta original. So when we saw a recipe that straight up mixed the two together, we were overjoyed! We'd always felt a little guilty for putting zoodles and spaghetti together, like we were pretending to be healthy but cheating somehow. Anyways, here's a delish recipe from Pinch of Yum!
What you need:
- 2 cups of cherry, burst or otherwise
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised
- spagetti pasta, about half a packet
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- garlic clove
- handful of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon
What you do:
- Blend the avo, garlic, parsley, olive oil and lemon to a paste and set aside
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet
- Pop your cherry toms in a pan with a little oil and heat on medium until the skins burst and they're looking tender
- Fry up your zoodles in the pan until crispy
- Toss your pasta and sauce in the pan and combine
- Serve up with the cherry toms on top, salt and pepp and some parmesan if you please!
See Pinch of Yum for the full, original recipe.